Student Counselling and Career Centre, University of Novi Sad, Novi Sad, Serbia
University of Novi Sad set up the Center in order to connect academic and business community as well as to provides personal counseling and advice to students on an individual or group basis.
Likewise, the Centre fulfils the following tasks:
- Personal counseling
- Providing support in developing capabilities, knowledge and crafts of students which altogether are vital for employing;
- Providing reliable and evaluated information about possibilities of additional education and job offers;
- Connection of students with employers via organizing professional practices and trainings in companies and organizations;
- Organizing presentations of companies, professional amount and business culture of companies;
- Providing council services to students who has dilemma during choosing the career or positioning on the work market after graduation;
- Other activities of counseling regarding to career development that is seminars and workshops.
The Centre also aims to provide a wide range of services to the employers so that the cooperation would be successful and a long-term one. The Centre is not directly involved in the recruitment of students and graduates, as instead, it provides relevant information about getting a job, connects students with employers by the means of organizing internships and voluntary work and by organizing trainings and seminars.
On the other hand, the Centre helps the employers to articulate their needs in the best way and be actively involved in shaping their future staff. It also enables them to promote their companies as socially responsible ones.
Expert Associate for Counselling and Career Development of Students
Phone: +381 (021) 485-2041
e-mail: karijera [at] uns.ac.rs